Saturday, June 27, 2009

... and He Found This Road! (alhamdulillah) ...


Assalamualaikum everyone..

may all of you be well in Allah's guidance and protection, under the shade of Islam.

I was writing a draft for an article I had intended to post here. A friend buzzed me in YM, so I chatted to her for a while. She asked me a question, which led me searching for a while for the best way to answer. Her question?

Q: How do we know that Islam is the true religion? I mean, if anyone asked me at college, how should I answer?

Sure, I believe to my fullest that Islam is the right path, the path that Allah had promised, will lead me to heavens, and will lead me to Allah's pleasure. yet, in order to answer her question, I decide to do a bit of blog hopping first, so that I can leave her with clues which will lead her to ponder upon the matter, and discuss the matter further with me. and hopefully, find the best answer then.

and I found this song... a very old song, sung by Cat Stevens a.k.a Yusuf Islam. A song before he reverted to Islam..




Well i left my happy home to see what i could find out
I left my folk and friends with the aim to clear my mind out
Well i hit the rowdy road and many kinds i met there
Many stories told me of the way to get there

So on and on i go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know, and i'm on the road to find out

Well in the end i'll know, but on the way i wonder
Through descending snow, and through the frost and thunder

Well, i listen to the wind come howl, telling me i have to hurry
I listen to the robin's song saying not to worry

So on and on i go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know, and i'm on the road to findout

Then i found myself alone, hopin' someone would miss me
Thinking about my home, and the last woman to kiss me, kiss me

But sometimes you have to moan when nothing seems to suit yer
But nevertheless you know you're locked towards the future

So on and on you go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know, and i'm on the road to findout

Then i found my head one day when i wasn't even trying
And here i have to say, 'cause there is no use in lying, lying

Yes the answer lies within, so why not take a look now?
Kick out the devil's sin, pick up, pick up a good book now

what do you think the "good book" is?
Yes, Alhamdulillah, he found the Quran.


Yusuf Islams, and so many others reverted to Islam. Of course, some may revert to Islam because of other intentions. But many do so because they discovered that Islam is the true way of life. And al-Quran is the light in their search for truth.

Why is Islam the true religion?
this question may take a whole book to answer. And one can look at it in so many different aspects.

But a simple answer from me, is, because Islam showed a WAY to live, a PURPOSE to live, and the DIRECTION to live. It provide all of this, and more. In a universal book, relevant anywhere, and at any time, the Holy Quran. This is the 'road' that Yusuf Islam had been searching for. and he found Islam, alhamdulillah..

(a/n: this is not the answer which we discussed together, me and the questioner. But this is a short answer only.. a long one? you can try and ponder upon it.. and read up more.)

Quoting Yusuf Islam's words, before he embraced Islam:
What was to happen to me? Am I just a body, and my goal in life is merely to satisfy this body? Why am I here?


We have become Muslims for a long time. Yet did we realize, how lucky we are, to be on the right path? Did we make an effort to stay on this track? Did we try to really understand the precious Book that Allah had given us?

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds (surah al-Aa'raf: 162)

and i decide to post the rest of the surah.. just for us to ponder..

... No partner has He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His Will". Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah when He is the Cherisher of all things (that exist)?" Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another. Your goal in the end is toward Allah: He will tell you the truth of the things wherein you disputed. It is He who hath made you (His) agents, inheritors of the earth: He has raised you in ranks some above others: that he may try you (ie, test) in the gifts He has given you: for thy Lord is quick in punishment: yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (al- A'araf: 163-165)

Let us sit, think back, and ponder. Why is Islam the truth, and why is Islam so special to us? Ask your imaan, ask your heart.. and refer to al-Quran.



>> Forgive me for any mistakes anywhere in this post.
>> extra refrence (for further reading): Apa ertinya saya menganut Islam (maza Yakni)

2 comments:

fareast said...

alhamdulillah, that's how lucky we are.

Tapi banyak orang yang bila nikmat tu ada tak dihargai, tapi bila nikmat tu hilang baru di cari2.

Wallahhualam..

Nice entry.

Humayra' said...

that is true..
many fail to realize how lucky we are to be Muslims. just a post to try and let people think.

jazakallahukhair for dropping by!