Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Recap 2009: Contemplations

I was reading loveletters from Him this morning, and came across this verse… something to remind ourselves of this world and the lies behind it…


 

And when We said unto the angels: Fall down prostrate before Adam and they fell prostrate all save Iblis, he said: Shall I fall prostrate before that which Thou hast created of clay?

He said: Did You see this (creature) whom You have honoured above me, if You give me grace until the Day of Resurrection I verily will seize his descendants, save but a few.

He said: Go, and whosoever of them follow you - lo! Hell will be your payment, ample payment.

And excite any of them whom you can with thy voice, and urge your horse and foot against them, and be a partner in their wealth and children, and promise them. Satan promises them only to deceive.

Lo! My (faithful) servants - over them you hast no power, and your Lord is sufficent as (their) guardian.

(al-Isra': 60-65)


 

Shaitan (a.k.a Satan). Who never fails to try and trap mankind into accompanying him in Naar Jahannam, no matter what. His lies and allurings are sometimes too great to ignore, and we succumb under his spell.


 

Looking back into the year, I realized that there are so many instances when I stumble down and manage to become his prey. The times when I was angry, other times when I was feeling too bored, and end up escaping the boredom by watching movies and spending hours on Japanese drama series. The occasions when I slipped and shared gossips of others among my friends.


 

These are just some of many mistakes I have made, succumbed to traps Shaitan laid on me. It will be a huge lie if I claim that I was ignorant of how I wasted my time on those movies and series. Nor will it do me any good, in the Day of Judgement, to see that I had wasted so much time when there is so much more I can do and so much that I should do.


 

Indeed, there is so much more one can do to be a better servant to Him. To be aware of Shaitan's trap and plan how to side step these traps and set personal goals in order to get closer to Allah are just some of many ways one can think of. We must make an attempt – no, we must spend every ounce of energy we have, trying to become a faithful servant. For indeed, our life will worth nothing in the end, if we fail.


 

The past had past. We cannot change them. Yet for the present, and the future, let us live with the awareness that this world is just a temporary dwelling place, and the day of Judgement will arrive. The day when our deeds will be examined one by one. The day when there will be so many regrets, and only His faithful servants rejoice in Allah's Mercy. Let us remember, that there will always be an enemy around us, always ready to pounce on us the moment we let our guard down and forget this. For his main aim is to drag us with him, on that Day, to burn in the hellfire.


 

So… let's strive on, and try to be a faithful servant, finding Allah's love and blessings. May Allah guide us all. (^_^)


 

>> Sorry for the not-so-good ending. It's written in a rush as I realized that I have less than an hour before my lab. Will review it again this evening, insyaAllah…

No comments: